Court awards capital punishment for raping four-year-old girl
Dhar (MP): A court in Manawar town in Dhar district on Wednesday awarded capital punishment to a man for raping and murdering a four-year-old girl last month.
The incident took place on November 1 this year and the sentence was awarded to him in just over a month period by Additional District Judge Avinash Kumar Khare.
The accused identified as Sunil Balai had taken away the little girl from near her house and later raped her in a field, the prosecution said.
After raping her, he also murdered her on the spot, the prosecution said.
Sunil was arrested by the Manawar police under Section 376 and Section 302 of the Indian Penal Code same day and was later produced in a court for trial which awarded him capital punishment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!