Court awards capital punishment for raping four-year-old girl
Dhar (MP): A court in Manawar town in Dhar district on Wednesday awarded capital punishment to a man for raping and murdering a four-year-old girl last month.
The incident took place on November 1 this year and the sentence was awarded to him in just over a month period by Additional District Judge Avinash Kumar Khare.
The accused identified as Sunil Balai had taken away the little girl from near her house and later raped her in a field, the prosecution said.
After raping her, he also murdered her on the spot, the prosecution said.
Sunil was arrested by the Manawar police under Section 376 and Section 302 of the Indian Penal Code same day and was later produced in a court for trial which awarded him capital punishment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi