Court extends police custody of serial blasts suspects
Gwalior: BJP National General Secretary,
Narendra Singh Tomar and party`s Madhya Pradesh President,
Prabhat Jha were granted bail by a railway court today in a
case of campaigning in train during 2009 Lok Sabha elections.
A case of violation of People`s Representation Act were
registered against the BJP leader for campaigning in train for
the party candidates in Lok Sabha elections during a journey
from Gwalior to Sheopur.
A non-bailable warrant was issued against the leaders and
they were asked to present before the railway magistrate court
on October 30. The duo, however, appeared before the court
today and granted bail.
The two were charged under section 188 of the IPC for
violating People`s Representation Act which bars campaigning
The two were said to have campaigned not only in the
train but also at various stops in the 200 km long journey
between Gwalior and Sheopur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof