Court extends police custody of serial blasts suspects
Gwalior: BJP National General Secretary,
Narendra Singh Tomar and party`s Madhya Pradesh President,
Prabhat Jha were granted bail by a railway court today in a
case of campaigning in train during 2009 Lok Sabha elections.
A case of violation of People`s Representation Act were
registered against the BJP leader for campaigning in train for
the party candidates in Lok Sabha elections during a journey
from Gwalior to Sheopur.
A non-bailable warrant was issued against the leaders and
they were asked to present before the railway magistrate court
on October 30. The duo, however, appeared before the court
today and granted bail.
The two were charged under section 188 of the IPC for
violating People`s Representation Act which bars campaigning
The two were said to have campaigned not only in the
train but also at various stops in the 200 km long journey
between Gwalior and Sheopur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday