Court extends police custody of serial blasts suspects
Gwalior: BJP National General Secretary,
Narendra Singh Tomar and party`s Madhya Pradesh President,
Prabhat Jha were granted bail by a railway court today in a
case of campaigning in train during 2009 Lok Sabha elections.
A case of violation of People`s Representation Act were
registered against the BJP leader for campaigning in train for
the party candidates in Lok Sabha elections during a journey
from Gwalior to Sheopur.
A non-bailable warrant was issued against the leaders and
they were asked to present before the railway magistrate court
on October 30. The duo, however, appeared before the court
today and granted bail.
The two were charged under section 188 of the IPC for
violating People`s Representation Act which bars campaigning
The two were said to have campaigned not only in the
train but also at various stops in the 200 km long journey
between Gwalior and Sheopur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- India braces for more heat after temperature breaks records; over 300 dead in Telangana
- Manipur HSLC Result 2016, BSEM HSLC Class 10th Results 2016, Manipur Board HSLC (10th Class) Results 2016 to be declared on May 24
- Sensex falls for 4th day on Fed rate hike caution
- Divyanka Tripathi, Vivek Dahiya to marry on July 8
- Ageing is not bad at all, Sushmita Sen explains why!