Court extends police custody of serial blasts suspects
Gwalior: BJP National General Secretary,
Narendra Singh Tomar and party`s Madhya Pradesh President,
Prabhat Jha were granted bail by a railway court today in a
case of campaigning in train during 2009 Lok Sabha elections.
A case of violation of People`s Representation Act were
registered against the BJP leader for campaigning in train for
the party candidates in Lok Sabha elections during a journey
from Gwalior to Sheopur.
A non-bailable warrant was issued against the leaders and
they were asked to present before the railway magistrate court
on October 30. The duo, however, appeared before the court
today and granted bail.
The two were charged under section 188 of the IPC for
violating People`s Representation Act which bars campaigning
The two were said to have campaigned not only in the
train but also at various stops in the 200 km long journey
between Gwalior and Sheopur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Salman Khan 'rape' remark: NCW to issue summons to actor
- Driving in the rain: Key things you must follow
- Pakistan boss Mickey Arthur undaunted by Australia axe
- SHOCKING! Three Bangladesh players accused of match-fixing in Dhaka Premier league
- Lenovo Vibe K5 2nd flash sale tomorrow; registrations till 11.59 pm today