Court extends police custody of serial blasts suspects
Gwalior: BJP National General Secretary,
Narendra Singh Tomar and party`s Madhya Pradesh President,
Prabhat Jha were granted bail by a railway court today in a
case of campaigning in train during 2009 Lok Sabha elections.
A case of violation of People`s Representation Act were
registered against the BJP leader for campaigning in train for
the party candidates in Lok Sabha elections during a journey
from Gwalior to Sheopur.
A non-bailable warrant was issued against the leaders and
they were asked to present before the railway magistrate court
on October 30. The duo, however, appeared before the court
today and granted bail.
The two were charged under section 188 of the IPC for
violating People`s Representation Act which bars campaigning
The two were said to have campaigned not only in the
train but also at various stops in the 200 km long journey
between Gwalior and Sheopur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest