Court refuses to transfer IPS officer`s death case to Morena
Indore: Rejecting the plea of the accused charged with mowing down IPS Officer Narendra Kumar Singh that the trial be shifted to Morena, the CBI Court on Friday committed the trial to Indore District and Session Court and scheduled the case for hearing on August 3.
The Judicial Magistrate of CBI Special Court Shubhra Singh denied the plea of the main accused and suspected mafia member Manoj Gurjar for transfer of the case to Morena after the CBI Public Prosecutor A H Khan argued to hold the case trial in Indore court, defence lawyer Mahendra Morya told reporters here.
The case was referred to the District and Session Court Judge S S Sisodiya and the hearing is scheduled for August 3, he said.
On plea of the deceased IPS officer`s father Keshav Das that the case be re-investigated, the CBI told the Judicial Magistrate that allegations made in the plea by deceased`s father were baseless and he had no right to file such revision petition directly.
CBI said that it had contacted relatives of the IPS officer and their statements recorded as evidence.
The Judicial Magistrate did not decide the re-investigation plea and forwarded it to the District and Sessions court for its perusal.
Gurjar allegedly mowed down 32-year old Singh, a sub-divisional officer of police (SDOP), at Barmore town in Morena district on March 8 when he tried to intercept a tractor-trolley laden with illegally mined stones.
The CBI in the charge sheet filed on June 6 has charged Gurjar under section 304 (culpable homicide) and 353 (obstructing government work) of IPC and motor vehicle act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH