Court refuses to transfer Masood murder trial to Bhopal
Indore: Rejecting the plea of the accused in Shehla Masood murder case that trial be shifted to Bhopal, the special CBI court here on Friday committed the trial to Indore District Court.
Judicial Magistrate (CBI cases) Dr Shubhra Singh announced the ruling in the presence of the accused Zahida Pervez, Saba Farooqui, Saquib Danger, Irfan Ali, and Tabish Khan.
The Sessions court would take up the case on July 2, Dr Singh said her in order.
The District Judge would decide the court where the case would be tried, Special Public Prosecutor Hemant Shukla said later.
The accused`s lawyer had pleaded that as Masood was murdered in Bhopal, the trial should take place there, and not in Indore. Also, Saquib Danger, Tabish, and Irfan were facing other cases in Bhopal, they said.
But Shukla opposed the plea, saying that Indore CBI court had the jurisdiction to hear the case.
The accused had filed two other petitions. One sought access to report of polygraph test conducted on BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh and the material including a diary seized from Zahida`s house and office.
The other petition, filed by Irfan`s lawyer, had sought that he be allowed to record his statement before magistrate again. But both these petitions were rejected.
While coming out of the CBI court, Zahida told reporters that she would file appeal in HC over transfer issue.
When asked if Vandana Singh, the wife of Dhruv Narayan, had made a call to Shehla, Zahida said: "Yes, Mrs Dhruv Narayan made a call to Shehla`s house on the day of murder...I have not said she has any connection with the case."
According to CBI, Zahida was jealous of Shehla`s growing closeness with Dhruv Narayan, which led to the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list