Court relief for BJP leader Vijaywargiya in land scam case
Indore: In a relief for senior BJP MLA Kailash Vijaywargiya, likely to be inducted into the Madhya Pradesh cabinet tomorrow, an anti-corruption court here on Friday rejected a petition which had sought that he be made an accused in a land scam case.
Vijaywargiya was a minister in the previous Shivraj Singh Chouhan government.
Judge D N Mishra cited probe report of Lokayukta Police and statements of witnesses while stating that at this stage no case can be made out against Vijaywargiya.
Complainant Suresh Seth, a veteran Congress leader, had opposed the clean chit given to Vijaywargiya by the Lokayukta Police in the alleged scam related to allotment of three acres of prime land in Pardeshipura area here to Nandanagar Credit Cooperative Society.
The land was transferred to the society in 2004 when Vijywargiya was the Mayor of Indore. The society was headed by BJP MLA Ramesh Mendola, his close confidant.
The initial complaint was filed by Seth in 2010, following which the court ordered the Lokayukta Police to probe the matter. Afterwards, police filed a chargesheet against Mendola and 17 others, but not Vijaywargiya.
According to Lokayukta Police, the transfer of land to the society caused a loss of Rs 1.58 crore to the exchequer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!