Court relief for BJP leader Vijaywargiya in land scam case
Indore: In a relief for senior BJP MLA Kailash Vijaywargiya, likely to be inducted into the Madhya Pradesh cabinet tomorrow, an anti-corruption court here on Friday rejected a petition which had sought that he be made an accused in a land scam case.
Vijaywargiya was a minister in the previous Shivraj Singh Chouhan government.
Judge D N Mishra cited probe report of Lokayukta Police and statements of witnesses while stating that at this stage no case can be made out against Vijaywargiya.
Complainant Suresh Seth, a veteran Congress leader, had opposed the clean chit given to Vijaywargiya by the Lokayukta Police in the alleged scam related to allotment of three acres of prime land in Pardeshipura area here to Nandanagar Credit Cooperative Society.
The land was transferred to the society in 2004 when Vijywargiya was the Mayor of Indore. The society was headed by BJP MLA Ramesh Mendola, his close confidant.
The initial complaint was filed by Seth in 2010, following which the court ordered the Lokayukta Police to probe the matter. Afterwards, police filed a chargesheet against Mendola and 17 others, but not Vijaywargiya.
According to Lokayukta Police, the transfer of land to the society caused a loss of Rs 1.58 crore to the exchequer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alcatel launches ''Pop Star'' smartphone for Rs 6,999
- SHOCKING! This will make your blood boil! Elderly lady thrashed by woman, cries helplessly - WATCH
- Jayalalithaa's swearing-in ceremony: Stalin made to sit in tenth row, Karunanidhi fumes
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When RCB skipper Virat Kohli turned painter!
- Focus on political consensus for GST: Industry to government