Court relief for BJP leader Vijaywargiya in land scam case
Indore: In a relief for senior BJP MLA Kailash Vijaywargiya, likely to be inducted into the Madhya Pradesh cabinet tomorrow, an anti-corruption court here on Friday rejected a petition which had sought that he be made an accused in a land scam case.
Vijaywargiya was a minister in the previous Shivraj Singh Chouhan government.
Judge D N Mishra cited probe report of Lokayukta Police and statements of witnesses while stating that at this stage no case can be made out against Vijaywargiya.
Complainant Suresh Seth, a veteran Congress leader, had opposed the clean chit given to Vijaywargiya by the Lokayukta Police in the alleged scam related to allotment of three acres of prime land in Pardeshipura area here to Nandanagar Credit Cooperative Society.
The land was transferred to the society in 2004 when Vijywargiya was the Mayor of Indore. The society was headed by BJP MLA Ramesh Mendola, his close confidant.
The initial complaint was filed by Seth in 2010, following which the court ordered the Lokayukta Police to probe the matter. Afterwards, police filed a chargesheet against Mendola and 17 others, but not Vijaywargiya.
According to Lokayukta Police, the transfer of land to the society caused a loss of Rs 1.58 crore to the exchequer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in