CPI(M) wants tab on fertile land purchases at low prices in MP
Bhopal: The Communist Party of India (Marxist) on Thursday demanded that the Madhya Pradesh government put an immediate check on activities of industrialists who are buying fertile lands from farmers at throwaway prices in the state.
"Thousands of acres of agriculture land at Nabadi area in Tikamgarh and Dabhora area in Rewa, had been bought by unfair means by industrialists," state CPIM secretary Badal Saroj said in a statement.
He said the state government officials in collusion with businessmen too were facilitating the transfer of fertile land for setting up industries. Saroj, however did not name anyone.
State CPI(M) secretary said the government should ensure that the farmers get Rs 18 lakh per acre, besides an employment in the industries proposed to come up in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- No curfew in Srinagar, continues in south Kashmir
- Cockroach milk – The next big 'superfood' and a fantastic protein supplement?
- NASA explains the case of Ceres' missing large craters- Watch the video!
- Bipasha Basu tells you how to combat bad hair day! Pic inside
- Donald Trump has already damaged national security: Madeline Albright