Crime against women: MP govt to cancel arms licence of guilty
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh government has issued directives for reviewing arms licences of those involved in crimes against women and girls and cancel the licences of persons found guilty prima facie.
The directives to initiate steps for effective check on crimes against women and girls have been given to all the District Magistrates and Superintendents of Police in the state, an official release said here today.
The state government has directed to launch public awareness campaigns in phases with the cooperation of NGOs and educational institutions for effective prevention of such crimes, the release said.
Directives have also been issued to publicise toll-free numbers of women`s helpline and call centres on a large scale. Instructions have been given to get black films removed from window panes of cars at the earliest.
Also, discussions should be held at the meetings of district monitoring committee about increasing police presence at public places and ensuring prompt justice to women victims of crimes. Directives have also been given to increase security arrangements near educational institutions, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere