CRPF jawan killed in Naxal ambush cremated
Morena: The mortal remains of Yashvir Singh Jadaun, a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) jawan who was killed in the Naxal attack at Latehar in Jharkhand on January 07, were cremated at his native town Bhattpura in Morena district of Madhya Pradesh on Thursday evening.
The body of 38-year-old Yashvir was brought here last evening and the cremation was done with full state honours.
Madhya Pradesh BJP unit president Narendra Singh Tomar was present at the funeral.
In all, nine CRPF personnel, one personnel from the state`s special anti-Naxal force `Jharkhand Jaguars` and four civilians were killed in the encounter with the rebels that occurred on January 07.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway