CRPF jawan killed in Naxal ambush cremated
Morena: The mortal remains of Yashvir Singh Jadaun, a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) jawan who was killed in the Naxal attack at Latehar in Jharkhand on January 07, were cremated at his native town Bhattpura in Morena district of Madhya Pradesh on Thursday evening.
The body of 38-year-old Yashvir was brought here last evening and the cremation was done with full state honours.
Madhya Pradesh BJP unit president Narendra Singh Tomar was present at the funeral.
In all, nine CRPF personnel, one personnel from the state`s special anti-Naxal force `Jharkhand Jaguars` and four civilians were killed in the encounter with the rebels that occurred on January 07.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29