Curfew clamped in Obaidullahganj
Raisen (MP): Curfew was Monday clamped in
Obaidullahganj town near here after one person was killed and
three injured in a clash between members of two communities
last night, police said.
"Curfew has been imposed for indefinite period in
Obaidullahganj from 1200 hours (noon) today," said District
Magistrate Sunita Tripathi.
The trouble started when Forest Deputy Ranger Badar
Miya`s son had an altercation with members of another
community after which one group opened fire in a marriage
function last night, said Obaidullahganj Sub-Divisional
Officer of Police (SDOP), Devendra Pratap Singh Rajput.
In the firing, a teacher Rupesh Rajput died and Nagar
Panchayat President Toofan Singh Rajput, his son Jai Singh and
one Harpal sustained injuries, he said.
Rajput died after sustaining two bullet injuries, police
The injured have been admitted in a hospital in Bhopal,
the SDOP said.
The situation was tense, he said adding a shop on
Goharganj road was torched by some persons.
He said heavy police force has been deployed in the area.
Collector and top police officials were camping in the
troubled area and monitoring situation, the SDOP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says