Curfew clamped in Obaidullahganj
Raisen (MP): Curfew was Monday clamped in
Obaidullahganj town near here after one person was killed and
three injured in a clash between members of two communities
last night, police said.
"Curfew has been imposed for indefinite period in
Obaidullahganj from 1200 hours (noon) today," said District
Magistrate Sunita Tripathi.
The trouble started when Forest Deputy Ranger Badar
Miya`s son had an altercation with members of another
community after which one group opened fire in a marriage
function last night, said Obaidullahganj Sub-Divisional
Officer of Police (SDOP), Devendra Pratap Singh Rajput.
In the firing, a teacher Rupesh Rajput died and Nagar
Panchayat President Toofan Singh Rajput, his son Jai Singh and
one Harpal sustained injuries, he said.
Rajput died after sustaining two bullet injuries, police
The injured have been admitted in a hospital in Bhopal,
the SDOP said.
The situation was tense, he said adding a shop on
Goharganj road was torched by some persons.
He said heavy police force has been deployed in the area.
Collector and top police officials were camping in the
troubled area and monitoring situation, the SDOP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking! Indian man washes vegetables in sewer water (Watch video)
- Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt arrives in Rio for shot at immortality
- Man detained from Dubai-Kozhikode IndiGo flight did not raise ISIS slogans
- Armed with a brush, a dalit fights paralysis with miniature art
- Menopause, insomnia may accelerate ageing