Curfew clamped in Obaidullahganj
Raisen (MP): Curfew was Monday clamped in
Obaidullahganj town near here after one person was killed and
three injured in a clash between members of two communities
last night, police said.
"Curfew has been imposed for indefinite period in
Obaidullahganj from 1200 hours (noon) today," said District
Magistrate Sunita Tripathi.
The trouble started when Forest Deputy Ranger Badar
Miya`s son had an altercation with members of another
community after which one group opened fire in a marriage
function last night, said Obaidullahganj Sub-Divisional
Officer of Police (SDOP), Devendra Pratap Singh Rajput.
In the firing, a teacher Rupesh Rajput died and Nagar
Panchayat President Toofan Singh Rajput, his son Jai Singh and
one Harpal sustained injuries, he said.
Rajput died after sustaining two bullet injuries, police
The injured have been admitted in a hospital in Bhopal,
the SDOP said.
The situation was tense, he said adding a shop on
Goharganj road was torched by some persons.
He said heavy police force has been deployed in the area.
Collector and top police officials were camping in the
troubled area and monitoring situation, the SDOP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued