Curfew imposed in MP town after violence
Harda: Curfew was imposed on Thursday in Cheepabad-Khirkiya town of the district following arson and stone-pelting triggered by the death of an animal as police used canes and fired in the air to curb violence, officials said.
An animal was hit by an adivasi, following which it died in an agriculture field owned by a member of minority community, they said.
Enraged over the incident, a large number of people indulged in stone-pelting and set afire nearly 10 houses and a motorcycle in the town. Police resorted to cane-charge, fired in the air and burst teargas shells to bring the situation under control, Harda Collector Rajnish Shrivastava said.
There were no reports of injuries in the violence.
Curfew was imposed in Cheepabad-Khirkiya, said Additional District Magistrate Anil Tiwari.
The situation in the town is tense but under control, the Collector added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan