Curfew imposed in MP town after violence
Harda: Curfew was imposed on Thursday in Cheepabad-Khirkiya town of the district following arson and stone-pelting triggered by the death of an animal as police used canes and fired in the air to curb violence, officials said.
An animal was hit by an adivasi, following which it died in an agriculture field owned by a member of minority community, they said.
Enraged over the incident, a large number of people indulged in stone-pelting and set afire nearly 10 houses and a motorcycle in the town. Police resorted to cane-charge, fired in the air and burst teargas shells to bring the situation under control, Harda Collector Rajnish Shrivastava said.
There were no reports of injuries in the violence.
Curfew was imposed in Cheepabad-Khirkiya, said Additional District Magistrate Anil Tiwari.
The situation in the town is tense but under control, the Collector added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption