Curfew imposed in Ratlam after communal tension
Ratlam: Curfew was on Saturday imposed in
two police station areas of the city following arson after a
religious place was allegedly defiled, police said.
The curfew was clamped at 2 am in Station Road and
Manak Chowk Police Station areas, where tension prevailed last
night when some unidentified persons threw cow-dung at a
religious site, they said.
A group of people set afire a number of vehicles,
leading the police to fire several rounds in the air to
control the situation, police said.
As the tension mounted, the local administration first
imposed Section 144 (banning assembly of people) and later
placed the affected areas under curfew.
Heavy police force has been deployed in affected
localities and situation is under control, police said, adding
senior administrative and police officials are monitoring
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users