Curfew imposed in Ratlam after communal tension
Ratlam: Curfew was on Saturday imposed in
two police station areas of the city following arson after a
religious place was allegedly defiled, police said.
The curfew was clamped at 2 am in Station Road and
Manak Chowk Police Station areas, where tension prevailed last
night when some unidentified persons threw cow-dung at a
religious site, they said.
A group of people set afire a number of vehicles,
leading the police to fire several rounds in the air to
control the situation, police said.
As the tension mounted, the local administration first
imposed Section 144 (banning assembly of people) and later
placed the affected areas under curfew.
Heavy police force has been deployed in affected
localities and situation is under control, police said, adding
senior administrative and police officials are monitoring
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video