Curfew in Jabalpur extended till tomorrow
Jabalpur: Curfew, imposed in eight localities under Belbagh and Omti police station limits in the city following a clash between two groups, has been extended till tomorrow, police said Tuesday.
The curfew was clamped after people opposed setting up of an arch in front of Golgala Square area, which resulted in the clash.
"The curfew was extended after a review of the situation today," SP H N Mishra said, adding 40 people have been arrested so far in this connection and the situation is under control.
Trouble started on Sunday night when unidentified persons pelted stones at the vehicles of district officials and torched bikes and broke window panes of two shops. Two policemen including a SI were hurt in the melee.
Fresh incidents of violence were reported yesterday in Lakarganj area.
"Certain lanes at Omit and Belbagh have been identified and placed under curfew to avoid any untoward incident,"Mishra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’