Curfew in MP village after rape attempt
Ujjain: Curfew has been imposed this morning in Ghosla village near here following tension there after an alleged attempt was made to abduct and rape a girl.
Madhya Pradesh DIG Sriniwas Verma today said the girl was returning home from school yesterday evening when five boys of another community told her that she had been asked to return to the school.
However, instead of taking her to school, the boys allegedly tried to rape her.
When the girl raised an alarm, the villagers gathered and the boys fled, Verma said.
Later, there was stone-throwing by people from both the communities in the village last night following which prohibitory orders were enforced.
Police have arrested three of the five boys, the DIG said adding that they have been identified as - Altaf, Golu and Irshad - while the other two - Salman and Irshad - were still on the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured