Curfew in MP village after rape attempt
Ujjain: Curfew has been imposed this morning in Ghosla village near here following tension there after an alleged attempt was made to abduct and rape a girl.
Madhya Pradesh DIG Sriniwas Verma today said the girl was returning home from school yesterday evening when five boys of another community told her that she had been asked to return to the school.
However, instead of taking her to school, the boys allegedly tried to rape her.
When the girl raised an alarm, the villagers gathered and the boys fled, Verma said.
Later, there was stone-throwing by people from both the communities in the village last night following which prohibitory orders were enforced.
Police have arrested three of the five boys, the DIG said adding that they have been identified as - Altaf, Golu and Irshad - while the other two - Salman and Irshad - were still on the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah