Curfew in MP village after rape attempt
Ujjain: Curfew has been imposed this morning in Ghosla village near here following tension there after an alleged attempt was made to abduct and rape a girl.
Madhya Pradesh DIG Sriniwas Verma today said the girl was returning home from school yesterday evening when five boys of another community told her that she had been asked to return to the school.
However, instead of taking her to school, the boys allegedly tried to rape her.
When the girl raised an alarm, the villagers gathered and the boys fled, Verma said.
Later, there was stone-throwing by people from both the communities in the village last night following which prohibitory orders were enforced.
Police have arrested three of the five boys, the DIG said adding that they have been identified as - Altaf, Golu and Irshad - while the other two - Salman and Irshad - were still on the run.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city