Curfew relaxed in Cheepabad-Khirkiya for short period: MP
Harda: Curfew was relaxed for one and a half hours in Cheepabad-Khirkiya town of the district between 4.30 pm and 6 pm on Saturday.
Communal violence had erupted in the town on Thursday.
Harda collector Rajnish Srivastava said shops opened during the period and people could buy essential items.
No untoward incident was reported today, Srivastava said, adding that situation was now under control.
A Congress probe team from Bhopal, led by Vijay Dubey Kaku Bhai, was stopped by police five km from the town.
The curfew was imposed on Thursday after violence erupted in the town, in which stone-pelting and arson were reported.
Twenty persons including six policemen were injured.
Yesterday, the district administration had issued shoot-at-sight orders against troublemakers.
A total of 30 persons were arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?