Curfew relaxed in Cheepabad-Khirkiya for short period: MP
Harda: Curfew was relaxed for one and a half hours in Cheepabad-Khirkiya town of the district between 4.30 pm and 6 pm on Saturday.
Communal violence had erupted in the town on Thursday.
Harda collector Rajnish Srivastava said shops opened during the period and people could buy essential items.
No untoward incident was reported today, Srivastava said, adding that situation was now under control.
A Congress probe team from Bhopal, led by Vijay Dubey Kaku Bhai, was stopped by police five km from the town.
The curfew was imposed on Thursday after violence erupted in the town, in which stone-pelting and arson were reported.
Twenty persons including six policemen were injured.
Yesterday, the district administration had issued shoot-at-sight orders against troublemakers.
A total of 30 persons were arrested.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro