Dacoit Sundar Patel killed in encounter in Satna
Satna (MP): Notorious dacoit Sundar Patel alias Ragia, who was carrying a cash reward of Rs 6 lakh, was killed along with his four accomplices in an encounter with the police in a forest near village Hardi in Satna district, police said on Sunday.
A team of Satna and Rewa police had laid a trap in the
forest on Friday night. When police challenged the dacoits,
they fired around 200 rounds. The police returned the fire
opening 250 rounds, they said.
Besides Sundar, the other slain dacoits were identified
as Khardooshan, Natthu Mawasi, Bhola Mawasi and Shripal
Mawasi. Under the cover of darkness, some of the gang members
Madhya Pradesh government had announced a reward of Rs 5
lakh on Sundar`s head, while the neighbouring Uttar Pradesh
government had declared a reward of Rs one lakh, officials
Khardooshan was carrying a reward of Rs 75,000 while there
was a reward of Rs 15,000 each on the three others.
A large quantity of ammunition, four country-made rifles
and a semi-automatic gun were recovered from them.
More than two dozen cases of murder and kidnapping were
registered against Sundar in various police stations of Madhya
Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh, police said.
Sundar was active since 1986 in Uttar Pradesh and the
border district of Satna in Madhya Pradesh. On May 18, 2009,
his gang killed 12 persons, including seven members of a
family in Bichhiyan village of Satna district, by locking them
in a house and setting it on fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport