Dalit killed in MP for demanding wages
Bhopal: A Dalit in a Madhya Pradesh village only wanted payment of wages due to him -- but what he got was death. Mason Ramesh Jatav was allegedly killed after he demanded Rs 4,000 for the work he had done for farmer Shriram Lodhi, police Sunday said.
Thirty-eight-year-old Jatav was killed in Shivpuri district Friday night when he had gone to Shriram`s house with his wife to demand back-wages.
According to police, Shriram and his relative Gabdu Lodhi took the couple to a nearby field and killed Jatav, a resident of Sirsona village, about 350 km from here.
"The two smashed Jatav`s head with a huge stone," a police officer said.
Jatav`s wife fled from the spot and lodged a complaint with the Karera police station. By the time police reached the spot, Jatav had succumbed to his injuries.
The police officer said Shriram and Gabdu were absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand