Dangi death: MP Home Min gives a clean chit to cops
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Umashankar Gupta today gave a clean chit to policemen who allegedly failed to take a grievously injured youth to hospital in time, contrary to the allegations of his family.
"After Ravi Dangi (19) was stabbed, he was first taken to his house from where he was brought to Rajendra Nagar police station in Indore. From the police station, Ravi was taken to hospital in an ambulance within seven to eight minutes...There is no ground for taking action against police personnel," the minister told PTI.
Ravi was stabbed on August 21 after he stood up to four youths who passed lewd remarks at a girl who was with him.
Ravi, profusely bleeding, was taken to Rajendra Nagar police station by his friends. His father Suresh Dangi later alleged that he lay bleeding for over an hour there, as police took time to complete formalities such as recording of statements. Ravi was then taken to a hospital, but succumbed to the injuries.
Gupta said some people have come up with fresh leads in the case that would be looked into.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) of Indore A Sai Manohar had yesterday denied the allegations of police inaction in Ravi`s death.
Police arrested Narendra Sen and Santosh Solanki on August 24 night in connection with Ravi`s death. Main accused Sanju German and Arun Bheel were nabbed earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22