DAVV auditorium destroyed in major fire
Indore: An auditorium of the Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya (DAVV) here was gutted in a major fire, police said today.
Though nobody was injured in the mishap that occurred last night, the fire has caused a major loss to the property, they said.
Police said the blaze started in the auditorium of the School of Economics on the Takshashila campus situated on Khandwa Road.
The fire was put out within an hour by the personnel, they said.
The incident occurred on the eve of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) beginning its three-day tour of DAVV.
Meanwhile, a DAVV official said it would be premature to arrive at any conclusion on the cause behind the blaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you