DAVV auditorium destroyed in major fire
Indore: An auditorium of the Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya (DAVV) here was gutted in a major fire, police said today.
Though nobody was injured in the mishap that occurred last night, the fire has caused a major loss to the property, they said.
Police said the blaze started in the auditorium of the School of Economics on the Takshashila campus situated on Khandwa Road.
The fire was put out within an hour by the personnel, they said.
The incident occurred on the eve of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) beginning its three-day tour of DAVV.
Meanwhile, a DAVV official said it would be premature to arrive at any conclusion on the cause behind the blaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir