DAVV auditorium destroyed in major fire
Indore: An auditorium of the Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya (DAVV) here was gutted in a major fire, police said today.
Though nobody was injured in the mishap that occurred last night, the fire has caused a major loss to the property, they said.
Police said the blaze started in the auditorium of the School of Economics on the Takshashila campus situated on Khandwa Road.
The fire was put out within an hour by the personnel, they said.
The incident occurred on the eve of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) beginning its three-day tour of DAVV.
Meanwhile, a DAVV official said it would be premature to arrive at any conclusion on the cause behind the blaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them