DAVV auditorium destroyed in major fire
Indore: An auditorium of the Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya (DAVV) here was gutted in a major fire, police said today.
Though nobody was injured in the mishap that occurred last night, the fire has caused a major loss to the property, they said.
Police said the blaze started in the auditorium of the School of Economics on the Takshashila campus situated on Khandwa Road.
The fire was put out within an hour by the personnel, they said.
The incident occurred on the eve of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) beginning its three-day tour of DAVV.
Meanwhile, a DAVV official said it would be premature to arrive at any conclusion on the cause behind the blaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress