Deaf-mute woman raped in Madhya Pradesh
Balaghat: A 35-year-old deaf and mute woman was allegedly raped at her residence in Mohgaon Bori village in the district here, police said on Sunday.
The incident took place on Friday when the accused, identified as Omkar Brahme, followed her to the toilet located in the backyard of her house and raped her, they said.
When the victim did not return from the toilet for a long time, her mother got suspicious and went to look for her when she noticed Brahme running away from the spot. The victim later explained to her mother about the incident.
They filed a police complaint against Brahme, who lived in the same locality.
The accused was immediately arrested, Lalbarra Police Station In-charge, Upendra Chari, told reporters.
A case under section 376, 323 and 506 B of the IPC has been registered against the accused, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- AIR to launch channel for cross-border listeners
- Golfer Vani Kappor grabs her 5th title of the season
- REVEALED: Virat Kohli reveals the number of tattoos on his body!
- As Britain decides to exit EU, Scotland mulls second vote on independence from UK
- Pope Francis visits Armenia with Mideast peace message