Deaf-mute woman raped in Madhya Pradesh
Balaghat: A 35-year-old deaf and mute woman was allegedly raped at her residence in Mohgaon Bori village in the district here, police said on Sunday.
The incident took place on Friday when the accused, identified as Omkar Brahme, followed her to the toilet located in the backyard of her house and raped her, they said.
When the victim did not return from the toilet for a long time, her mother got suspicious and went to look for her when she noticed Brahme running away from the spot. The victim later explained to her mother about the incident.
They filed a police complaint against Brahme, who lived in the same locality.
The accused was immediately arrested, Lalbarra Police Station In-charge, Upendra Chari, told reporters.
A case under section 376, 323 and 506 B of the IPC has been registered against the accused, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof