Death toll climbs to 17 in fire at cracker factory in Ujjain
Ujjain: The death toll in the fire at a cracker factory in Badnagar town of Ujjain district has risen to 17 with two more persons, including a woman, succumbing to their injuries in a hospital at Indore, police said today.
The blaze had yesterday claimed 15 lives, including eight women and three children, they said.
The fire had broken out last evening in the cracker factory, situated near Khob Darwaza in the city, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Pankaj Shrivastava said.
Two more persons succumbed to their injuries today, he said. A magisterial probe has been ordered by the District Collector in this regard, police said.
The factory belongs to one Yusuf Hussain, who was detained by police after the mishap, they said. The fire-tenders took over an hour to control the blaze which caused panic in the area, police said.
Meanwhile, Madhya Pradesh government last night announced an ex-gratia of Rs 1.5 lakh each to the kin of those killed in the incident and Rs 50,000 each to the injured persons.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- One minute of intense exercise can help you stay fit!
- Don't refer Bhagat Singh, Chandra Shekhar Azad as terrorists: HRD Ministry to DU
- Navjot Singh Sidhu takes oath as Rajya Sabha member – SEE PICS
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees likely to get huge pay checks by June-July 2016
- Andrew Flintoff tells Yuvraj Singh – 'I will cut your throat off'....Read Yuvi's reply