Death toll in Ujjain cracker factory fire rises to 18
Indore: With a 40-year-old woman succumbing to injuries at the Maharaja Yashwant Hopsital here on Monday, the death toll in the Badnagar cracker factory fire incident has reached 18.
The deceased include ten women and three children.
A major fire broke out at a cracker factory in Khob Darwaza area of Badnagar in Ujjain district on Saturday evening.
Aneesa Bi, who had suffered 100 per cent burn injuries, passed away this morning at the MY Hospital, police said.
Badnagar Police Station in-charge Rakesh Kumar Nain said that factory owner Yousuf Hussain (32) and supervisor Shabbeer Hussain (28) had been arrested under section 304 (causing death by negligence) and 286 (negligent conduct with respect to explosive substances) of the Indian Penal Code and under the provisions of the Explosives Act.
A magisterial probe has been ordered by the District Collector.
Madhya Pradesh government has already announced aid of Rs 1.5 lakh to the kin of those killed and Rs 50,000 to the injured persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?