Death toll in Ujjain cracker factory fire rises to 18
Indore: With a 40-year-old woman succumbing to injuries at the Maharaja Ysahwant Hopsital here Monday, the death toll in the Badnagar cracker factory fire incident has reached 18.
The deceased include ten women and three children.
A major fire broke out at a cracker factory in Khob Darwaza area of Badnagar in Ujjain district on Saturday evening.
Aneesa Bi, who had suffered 100 per cent burn injuries, passed away this morning at the MY Hospital, police said.
Badnagar Police Station in-charge Rakesh Kumar Nain said that factory owner Yousuf Hussain (32) and supervisor Shabbeer Hussain (28) had been arrested under section 304 (causing death by negligence) and 286 (negligent conduct with respect to explosive substances) of the Indian Penal Code and under the provisions of the Explosives Act.
A magisterial probe has been ordered by the District Collector.
Madhya Pradesh government has already announced aid of Rs 1.5 lakh to the kin of those killed and Rs 50,000 to the injured persons.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion