Death toll in Ujjain cracker factory fire rises to 18
Indore: With a 40-year-old woman succumbing to injuries at the Maharaja Ysahwant Hopsital here Monday, the death toll in the Badnagar cracker factory fire incident has reached 18.
The deceased include ten women and three children.
A major fire broke out at a cracker factory in Khob Darwaza area of Badnagar in Ujjain district on Saturday evening.
Aneesa Bi, who had suffered 100 per cent burn injuries, passed away this morning at the MY Hospital, police said.
Badnagar Police Station in-charge Rakesh Kumar Nain said that factory owner Yousuf Hussain (32) and supervisor Shabbeer Hussain (28) had been arrested under section 304 (causing death by negligence) and 286 (negligent conduct with respect to explosive substances) of the Indian Penal Code and under the provisions of the Explosives Act.
A magisterial probe has been ordered by the District Collector.
Madhya Pradesh government has already announced aid of Rs 1.5 lakh to the kin of those killed and Rs 50,000 to the injured persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan