Death toll in Ujjain cracker factory fire rises to 18
Indore: With a 40-year-old woman succumbing to injuries at the Maharaja Ysahwant Hopsital here Monday, the death toll in the Badnagar cracker factory fire incident has reached 18.
The deceased include ten women and three children.
A major fire broke out at a cracker factory in Khob Darwaza area of Badnagar in Ujjain district on Saturday evening.
Aneesa Bi, who had suffered 100 per cent burn injuries, passed away this morning at the MY Hospital, police said.
Badnagar Police Station in-charge Rakesh Kumar Nain said that factory owner Yousuf Hussain (32) and supervisor Shabbeer Hussain (28) had been arrested under section 304 (causing death by negligence) and 286 (negligent conduct with respect to explosive substances) of the Indian Penal Code and under the provisions of the Explosives Act.
A magisterial probe has been ordered by the District Collector.
Madhya Pradesh government has already announced aid of Rs 1.5 lakh to the kin of those killed and Rs 50,000 to the injured persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- 'A Flying Jatt' rapper Raftaar speaks about his Bollywood journey- READ
- Pakistani beauty Mahira Khan caught in mixed emotions for 'Raees'
- No relief from HC for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh
- Beat that! Egyptian women are world leaders in assaulting husbands
- Mamata condoles Mahasweta Devi's passing