Death toll in Ujjain school bus mishap rises to ten
Ujjain (MP): The death toll in yesterday`s
bus mishap at Mahidpur in the district rose to ten with two
more children succumbing to their injuries, police said on Monday.
The school bus, carrying students of Saraswati school in
Taal of Ratlam district, was returning after a day-long trip
to Ujjain when it fell off a bridge over Kshipra river,
killing seven children and a teacher.
At least 32 children were injured in the accident and
some of them were discharged after first-aid while others were
undergoing treatment at a hospital in Mahidpur, they said.
However, two more children died at the hospital late last
night, taking the death toll to ten. Their identity is yet to
be ascertained, police said.
A case has been registered against the bus driver, who
was admitted to a hospital in Mahidpur, they said.
Meanwhile, district Collector Ajatshatru has announced an
ex-gratia of Rs 50,000 each to family members of the deceased
and Rs 5,000 to those injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside