Death toll in Ujjain school bus mishap rises to ten
Ujjain (MP): The death toll in yesterday`s
bus mishap at Mahidpur in the district rose to ten with two
more children succumbing to their injuries, police said on Monday.
The school bus, carrying students of Saraswati school in
Taal of Ratlam district, was returning after a day-long trip
to Ujjain when it fell off a bridge over Kshipra river,
killing seven children and a teacher.
At least 32 children were injured in the accident and
some of them were discharged after first-aid while others were
undergoing treatment at a hospital in Mahidpur, they said.
However, two more children died at the hospital late last
night, taking the death toll to ten. Their identity is yet to
be ascertained, police said.
A case has been registered against the bus driver, who
was admitted to a hospital in Mahidpur, they said.
Meanwhile, district Collector Ajatshatru has announced an
ex-gratia of Rs 50,000 each to family members of the deceased
and Rs 5,000 to those injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch