Death toll in Ujjain school bus mishap rises to ten
Ujjain (MP): The death toll in yesterday`s
bus mishap at Mahidpur in the district rose to ten with two
more children succumbing to their injuries, police said on Monday.
The school bus, carrying students of Saraswati school in
Taal of Ratlam district, was returning after a day-long trip
to Ujjain when it fell off a bridge over Kshipra river,
killing seven children and a teacher.
At least 32 children were injured in the accident and
some of them were discharged after first-aid while others were
undergoing treatment at a hospital in Mahidpur, they said.
However, two more children died at the hospital late last
night, taking the death toll to ten. Their identity is yet to
be ascertained, police said.
A case has been registered against the bus driver, who
was admitted to a hospital in Mahidpur, they said.
Meanwhile, district Collector Ajatshatru has announced an
ex-gratia of Rs 50,000 each to family members of the deceased
and Rs 5,000 to those injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you