Death toll in Ujjain school bus mishap rises to ten
Ujjain (MP): The death toll in yesterday`s
bus mishap at Mahidpur in the district rose to ten with two
more children succumbing to their injuries, police said on Monday.
The school bus, carrying students of Saraswati school in
Taal of Ratlam district, was returning after a day-long trip
to Ujjain when it fell off a bridge over Kshipra river,
killing seven children and a teacher.
At least 32 children were injured in the accident and
some of them were discharged after first-aid while others were
undergoing treatment at a hospital in Mahidpur, they said.
However, two more children died at the hospital late last
night, taking the death toll to ten. Their identity is yet to
be ascertained, police said.
A case has been registered against the bus driver, who
was admitted to a hospital in Mahidpur, they said.
Meanwhile, district Collector Ajatshatru has announced an
ex-gratia of Rs 50,000 each to family members of the deceased
and Rs 5,000 to those injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city