Decision to let go Anderson "amazing & objectionable": MPCC
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee
(MPCC) President Suresh Pachouri today termed the decision to
release the then Chairman of Union Carbide Corporation Warren
Anderson, following the 1984 Bhopal gas tragedy, as
"objectionable and amazing".
"Anderson was arrested under those sections of the IPC
under which only a Magistrate is empowered to grant bail. But
in case of UCC chief, this provision was not followed by the
concerned authorities which is highly objectionable and
amazing," Pachouri told reporters here.
The MPCC chief was replying to a question whether
Congress condemns the way Anderson was released by the
Anderson was released on December 7, 1984 after he was
arrested on his arrival here for the gas leak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award