Decision to let go Anderson "amazing & objectionable": MPCC
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee
(MPCC) President Suresh Pachouri today termed the decision to
release the then Chairman of Union Carbide Corporation Warren
Anderson, following the 1984 Bhopal gas tragedy, as
"objectionable and amazing".
"Anderson was arrested under those sections of the IPC
under which only a Magistrate is empowered to grant bail. But
in case of UCC chief, this provision was not followed by the
concerned authorities which is highly objectionable and
amazing," Pachouri told reporters here.
The MPCC chief was replying to a question whether
Congress condemns the way Anderson was released by the
Anderson was released on December 7, 1984 after he was
arrested on his arrival here for the gas leak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016