Decision to let go Anderson "amazing & objectionable": MPCC
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee
(MPCC) President Suresh Pachouri today termed the decision to
release the then Chairman of Union Carbide Corporation Warren
Anderson, following the 1984 Bhopal gas tragedy, as
"objectionable and amazing".
"Anderson was arrested under those sections of the IPC
under which only a Magistrate is empowered to grant bail. But
in case of UCC chief, this provision was not followed by the
concerned authorities which is highly objectionable and
amazing," Pachouri told reporters here.
The MPCC chief was replying to a question whether
Congress condemns the way Anderson was released by the
Anderson was released on December 7, 1984 after he was
arrested on his arrival here for the gas leak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur