Decision to let go Anderson "amazing & objectionable": MPCC
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee
(MPCC) President Suresh Pachouri today termed the decision to
release the then Chairman of Union Carbide Corporation Warren
Anderson, following the 1984 Bhopal gas tragedy, as
"objectionable and amazing".
"Anderson was arrested under those sections of the IPC
under which only a Magistrate is empowered to grant bail. But
in case of UCC chief, this provision was not followed by the
concerned authorities which is highly objectionable and
amazing," Pachouri told reporters here.
The MPCC chief was replying to a question whether
Congress condemns the way Anderson was released by the
Anderson was released on December 7, 1984 after he was
arrested on his arrival here for the gas leak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Akhilesh warns of attempts to vitiate UP's atmosphere before polls
- Now, a Hindi wordgame app for smart devices
- Jan Dhan accounts “very vulnerable” to frauds: RBI
- Vijay Mallya PMLA case: ED to invoke India-UK MLAT for extradition
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 1: RCB vs GL - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming