Decision to let go Anderson "amazing & objectionable": MPCC
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee
(MPCC) President Suresh Pachouri today termed the decision to
release the then Chairman of Union Carbide Corporation Warren
Anderson, following the 1984 Bhopal gas tragedy, as
"objectionable and amazing".
"Anderson was arrested under those sections of the IPC
under which only a Magistrate is empowered to grant bail. But
in case of UCC chief, this provision was not followed by the
concerned authorities which is highly objectionable and
amazing," Pachouri told reporters here.
The MPCC chief was replying to a question whether
Congress condemns the way Anderson was released by the
Anderson was released on December 7, 1984 after he was
arrested on his arrival here for the gas leak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls