Dewas court frames charges against MP Minister
Dewas (MP): A local court here has framed
charges against Madhya Pradesh Sports and Tourism Minister,
Tukojirao Pawar for allegedly threatening a former lady
The court of Chief Judicial Magistrate D K Mittal framed
charges against Pawar for allegedly threatening the former
Returning Officer, Sanjana Jain about a year back and
obstructing official work.
The charges were framed yesterday under IPC Sections 353
(assault or criminal force to deter public servant from
discharge of his duty) and 504 (intentional insult with intent
to provoke breach of the peace).
The incident involving Pawar and Jain took place on
November 8, 2008 about a fortnight before the assembly
elections in Madhya Pradesh were held and a case was filed on
November 10 last year.
Following the framing of charges, National Women`s
Commission Chairperson, Girija Vyas, who was in the city
today, said Pawar should resign on moral grounds.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference