Dewas court frames charges against MP Minister
Dewas (MP): A local court here has framed
charges against Madhya Pradesh Sports and Tourism Minister,
Tukojirao Pawar for allegedly threatening a former lady
The court of Chief Judicial Magistrate D K Mittal framed
charges against Pawar for allegedly threatening the former
Returning Officer, Sanjana Jain about a year back and
obstructing official work.
The charges were framed yesterday under IPC Sections 353
(assault or criminal force to deter public servant from
discharge of his duty) and 504 (intentional insult with intent
to provoke breach of the peace).
The incident involving Pawar and Jain took place on
November 8, 2008 about a fortnight before the assembly
elections in Madhya Pradesh were held and a case was filed on
November 10 last year.
Following the framing of charges, National Women`s
Commission Chairperson, Girija Vyas, who was in the city
today, said Pawar should resign on moral grounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal