Dhar admin taking steps for peaceful prayers at Bh
Dhar(MP): The district administration here is making all efforts to prevent any ugly situation at the controversial Bhojshala here in wake of the Basant Panchami falling on February 15, a Friday, a senior official said on Monday.
"We are leaving no stone unturned to ensure that this week both Tuesday and Friday pass off peacefully without any untoward incident," Dhar Collector C B Singh said.
Heavy police security has been deployed around the complex to avoid any untoward incident, police said.
Bhojshala complex is home to a Saraswati temple and Kamal Maula Mosque.
Coincidentally, Basant Panchami and the Friday Jumma Namaz this year are falling on the same day--February 15.
Routinely, every Tuesday Hindus offer prayers at Bhojshala while Muslims offer Namaz every Friday.
During the Basant Panchami festival, Hindus are allowed to perform puja at the monument the whole day.
The above arrangement was made following regular disputes between the two communities over the issue of ownership of the monument.
Some organisations have demanded that they should be allowed to offer prayers at the temple for the whole day on Basant Panchami.
Yesterday, some organisations of a community took out a `Shaurya Yatra` to ask devotees to come in large numbers for praying at Bhojshala on Basant Panchami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation