Dhar admin taking steps for peaceful prayers at Bh
Dhar(MP): The district administration here is making all efforts to prevent any ugly situation at the controversial Bhojshala here in wake of the Basant Panchami falling on February 15, a Friday, a senior official said on Monday.
"We are leaving no stone unturned to ensure that this week both Tuesday and Friday pass off peacefully without any untoward incident," Dhar Collector C B Singh said.
Heavy police security has been deployed around the complex to avoid any untoward incident, police said.
Bhojshala complex is home to a Saraswati temple and Kamal Maula Mosque.
Coincidentally, Basant Panchami and the Friday Jumma Namaz this year are falling on the same day--February 15.
Routinely, every Tuesday Hindus offer prayers at Bhojshala while Muslims offer Namaz every Friday.
During the Basant Panchami festival, Hindus are allowed to perform puja at the monument the whole day.
The above arrangement was made following regular disputes between the two communities over the issue of ownership of the monument.
Some organisations have demanded that they should be allowed to offer prayers at the temple for the whole day on Basant Panchami.
Yesterday, some organisations of a community took out a `Shaurya Yatra` to ask devotees to come in large numbers for praying at Bhojshala on Basant Panchami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what