Dhar admin taking steps for peaceful prayers at Bhojshala
Dhar (Madhya Pradesh): The district administration here is making all efforts to prevent any ugly situation at the controversial Bhojshala here in wake of the Basant Panchami falling on February 15, a Friday, a senior official said on Monday.
"We are leaving no stone unturned to ensure that this week both Tuesday and Friday pass off peacefully without any untoward incident," Dhar Collector C B Singh told PTI.
Heavy police security has been deployed around the complex to avoid any untoward incident, police said.
Bhojshala complex is home to a Saraswati temple and Kamal Maula Mosque.
Coincidentally, Basant Panchami and the Friday Jumma Namaz this year are falling on the same day--February 15.
Routinely, every Tuesday Hindus offer prayers at Bhojshala while Muslims offer Namaz every Friday.
During the Basant Panchami festival, Hindus are allowed to perform puja at the monument the whole day.
The above arrangement was made following regular disputes between the two communities over the issue of ownership of the monument.
Some organisations have demanded that they should be allowed to offer prayers at the temple for the whole day on Basant Panchami.
Yesterday, some organisations of a community took out a `Shaurya Yatra` to ask devotees to come in large numbers for praying at Bhojshala on Basant Panchami.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29