Didn’t ask Uma to rejoin BJP: Prabhat Jha
Bhopal: BJP Madhya Pradesh unit president Prabhat Jha said here ON Sunday that he had held no talks with anyone at any level to discuss the possible return of former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Uma Bharti to the party.
"No one either at the national level or even at the State level has discussed with me the issue of Uma`s return to the BJP," Prabhat told a news agency.
He said that recently he had met Uma at a function held in Chhattisgarh following the death of the father of its Chief Minister Raman Singh.
"Here also, no politics was discussed with Uma and we confined ourselves only to family matters," the BJP state president said.
There has been lot of speculation about Uma Bharti`s return to BJP after she quit the presidentship of the Bharatiya Janashakti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city