Differently-abled tied to car, dragged nearly a km
Jabalpur: A physically-challenged youth was allegedly tied to a car by his friend and dragged nearly one kilometre over some differences with him at Tilwara near here on Saturday, police said.
Ajay alias Ajju Thakur (23) suffered serious injuries in the incident as he was tied to a car by his friend Devendra alias Dippu (40) and his two associates and was dragged, police said.
According to them, there was a heated argument between the victim and Devendra last night over the love interest of their friend Sanju. Following the argument, Devendra threatened Ajay with dire consequences.
Today, Devendra came to Ajay`s house around 6 am with his friends, forcibly took him out and tied him to his car. Ajay sustained serious injuries after he was dragged behind their car, police said.
Police were informed about the incident and Ajay was later taken to the Government Medical Hospital here for treatment. He is said to be in critical condition as most of his skin was peeled off badly.
According to police, one of Ajay`s legs had to be amputated a year ago due to a bullet injury.
A case of attempt to murder has been registered against the accused in this regard and efforts were on to nab them, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report