Digvijay admits delay in declaring Congress nominees for MP polls
Guna: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Friday admitted that there had been a delay in declaring the party`s list of candidates for the November 25 Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh.
"I have no hesitation in admitting that the release of the list of candidates for the elections has been delayed," Digvijay told reporters here after his son, Jaiwardhan Singh, filed his nomination papers here today.
Incidentally, the party had announced some time back that tickets for the Assembly elections would be handed out three months in advance.
Congress has been putting up a show of unity in the BJP- ruled state, but sources said that leaders in the faction- ridden party have not been seeing eye-to-eye on the issue of poll tickets.
The filing of nominations for the state polls began today. Asked to comment on Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi`s statement that those living in huts and slums should also be given elections tickets, Singh said, "let the list come out, then you will know whose names are on it".
Responding to a query, he said that former Punjab DGP KPS Gill was not a judge who could give a clean chit to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi over the 2002 post-Godhra riots.
Gill, who had served as security adviser to the Gujarat Chief Minister in 2002, had said Modi cannot be blamed for the riots as it was the job of the police brass to respond to law and order situations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Nationwide frenzy as ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth arrives in style
- This is what Zakir Naik thinks about Narendra Modi, Islamic State and jihad
- India vs West Indies, 1st Test: Virender Sehwag predicted Virat Kohli's 12th ton before we all knew it!
- Lok Sabha adjourns after uproar over AAP MP Bhagwant Mann's Parliament video, other issues
- Book on LK Advani to be released without his consent?