Digvijay asks Chouhan to recommend CBI probe in CBD project
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh has written to Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan asking him to recommend a CBI inquiry into the alleged loss of Rs 5,200 crore in the Central Business District (CBD) Project.
Under the project, the state government had awarded over 15 acres land for about Rs 350 crore to Gammon India for construction of a shopping mall and a residential/commercial complex at south TT Nagar in the city.
In his letter to Chouhan yesterday, Singh accused that the land was given to Gammon and was later allotted to a third company Deepmala Infrastructure Private Limited (DIPL), without any lease rent.
Subsequently, the leasehold land was converted into freehold in favour of DIPL and this resulted in a Rs 2,000 crore revenue loss to the state government, Singh alleged.
He said the Bhopal Additional Collector`s withdrawing order of November 2 regarding the freehold land corroborated his charge.
The Congress leader alleged that the order was akin to the state government`s admission that there was illegal transfer of freehold land to DIPL and which was done in an arbitrary manner.
The withdrawal of the order converting the land to freehold land does not bring the matter to a close, he said.
"Your office must reply my charges," he said.
No state government official was immediately available for comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city