Digvijay asks Chouhan to recommend CBI probe in CBD project
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh has written to Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan asking him to recommend a CBI inquiry into the alleged loss of Rs 5,200 crore in the Central Business District (CBD) Project.
Under the project, the state government had awarded over 15 acres land for about Rs 350 crore to Gammon India for construction of a shopping mall and a residential/commercial complex at south TT Nagar in the city.
In his letter to Chouhan yesterday, Singh accused that the land was given to Gammon and was later allotted to a third company Deepmala Infrastructure Private Limited (DIPL), without any lease rent.
Subsequently, the leasehold land was converted into freehold in favour of DIPL and this resulted in a Rs 2,000 crore revenue loss to the state government, Singh alleged.
He said the Bhopal Additional Collector`s withdrawing order of November 2 regarding the freehold land corroborated his charge.
The Congress leader alleged that the order was akin to the state government`s admission that there was illegal transfer of freehold land to DIPL and which was done in an arbitrary manner.
The withdrawal of the order converting the land to freehold land does not bring the matter to a close, he said.
"Your office must reply my charges," he said.
No state government official was immediately available for comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray