Digvijay asks MP CM to recommend CBI probe in CBD project
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh has written to Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan asking him to recommend a CBI inquiry into the alleged loss of Rs 5,200 crore in the Central Business District (CBD) Project.
Under the project, the state government had awarded over 15 acres land for about Rs 350 crore to Gammon India for construction of a shopping mall and a residential/commercial complex at south TT Nagar in the city.
In his letter to Chouhan On Thursday, Singh accused that the land was given to Gammon and was later allotted to a third company Deepmala Infrastructure Private Limited (DIPL), without any lease rent.
Subsequently, the leasehold land was converted into freehold in favour of DIPL and this resulted in a Rs 2,000 crore revenue loss to the state government, Singh alleged.
He said the Bhopal Additional Collector`s withdrawing order of November 2 regarding the freehold land corroborated his charge.
The Congress leader alleged that the order was akin to the state government`s admission that there was illegal transfer of freehold land to DIPL and which was done in an arbitrary manner.
The withdrawal of the order converting the land to freehold land does not bring the matter to a close, he said.
"Your office must reply my charges," he said.
No state government official was immediately available for comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon