Digvijay asks MP CM to recommend CBI probe in CBD project
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh has written to Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan asking him to recommend a CBI inquiry into the alleged loss of Rs 5,200 crore in the Central Business District (CBD) Project.
Under the project, the state government had awarded over 15 acres land for about Rs 350 crore to Gammon India for construction of a shopping mall and a residential/commercial complex at south TT Nagar in the city.
In his letter to Chouhan On Thursday, Singh accused that the land was given to Gammon and was later allotted to a third company Deepmala Infrastructure Private Limited (DIPL), without any lease rent.
Subsequently, the leasehold land was converted into freehold in favour of DIPL and this resulted in a Rs 2,000 crore revenue loss to the state government, Singh alleged.
He said the Bhopal Additional Collector`s withdrawing order of November 2 regarding the freehold land corroborated his charge.
The Congress leader alleged that the order was akin to the state government`s admission that there was illegal transfer of freehold land to DIPL and which was done in an arbitrary manner.
The withdrawal of the order converting the land to freehold land does not bring the matter to a close, he said.
"Your office must reply my charges," he said.
No state government official was immediately available for comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi