Digvijay asks RSS to define Hindutva
Bhopal: With Nitish Kumar`s pitch for a "secular" face as NDA`s Prime Ministerial candidate evoking strong reaction from RSS, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday posed five questions to the Sangh asking it to define Hindutva.
Finding fault with the Sangh`s response to the Bihar Chief Minister`s remarks, Singh said it places on the RSS the burden of clearly defining Hindutva to all those Hindus, who believe and practise Sanatan Dharma.
In an article on "Hindutva" mailed to the media here, Singh said the RSS has come out very strongly against Nitish Kumar.
Snubbing Kumar over his "secular face-for-PM" pitch, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat had asked why a Hindutva face should not lead the country.
In the five questions posed to Bhagwat, Singh asked whether "destroying Babri Masjid or any other religious place is Hindutva? Is Planting bombs to kill innocent people Hindutva?
Singh also asked Bhagwat to explain the rationale behind opposing the word secularism when it is said that Hindutva is synonymous with the term.
"RSS chief must tell what was the difference between the ideals of Hindutva and the ideals of Sanatan Dharm," he said.
Singh found it "strange" that the Sangh Parivar calls him anti-Hindu although he is a practising Hindu who prays for half an-hour each day.
The Congress general secretary said there are nine temples at his ancestral house at Raghogarh in Guna district of Madhya Pradesh, where Pooja is performed each day as per the traditions of his religion.
While posing the questions, Singh also said that although he did not expect them to be answered, he would be grateful if they were replied to.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state