Digvijay blames MP government for farmers` suicide
Bhopal: Condemning the BJP-led Madhya
Pradesh government for the continued suicides by farmers in
the state, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Thursday
said the "insensitive behaviour" of the state government was
forcing farmers to take the extreme step.
In a statement issued here today, Singh said that
"because of the state government`s insensitive behaviour,
farmers were losing patience and being forced to take the
extreme step of ending their lives."
Seven farmers committed suicides in the state over the
last few weeks following damage caused to the crops by frost
and their inability to repay the loans.
"Farmers in the state are now passing through bad times
as they are not getting electricity. Their crops are not being
purchased by the government," Singh said.
He claimed that not a single farmer had committed
suicide during the Congress regime and said that if only the
BJP government had fulfilled the promises it had made before
the 2008 Assembly elections, farmers would not have been
driven to this stage.
Singh also demanded immediate relief for the farmers in
the Rajgarh where the crop has got damaged by frost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III