Digvijay expresses sympathy for Prabhat Jha
Indore: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Saturday expressed `sympathy` for Prabhat Jha, who has been denied a second term as Madhya Pradesh BJP president, and said BJP high command should clarify why Jha was being removed.
"Only three days ago, Jha was confident he would be elected again as state BJP president. In such circumstances, my sympathy is with him," Digvijay said here.
On Narendra Singh Tomar, who is likely to be Jha`s successor, the Congress leader said, "Tomar is not some new person. He has also held this post earlier, but BJP should give clarification as to why Jha was being removed."
Congress would win the next year`s Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, Digvijay asserted.
He also reiterated that Congress would be declaring its candidates well in advance, as in Uttar Pradesh, so that the candidates could have sufficient time for electioneering.
As to his own plans, Digivijay said he would contest the 2014 Lok Sabha elections from wherever the party asks him to.
Singh had decided to stay away from elections for 10 years after the Congress`s defeat in 2003 Assembly elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis