Digvijay expresses sympathy for Prabhat Jha
Indore: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Saturday expressed `sympathy` for Prabhat Jha, who has been denied a second term as Madhya Pradesh BJP president, and said BJP high command should clarify why Jha was being removed.
"Only three days ago, Jha was confident he would be elected again as state BJP president. In such circumstances, my sympathy is with him," Digvijay said here.
On Narendra Singh Tomar, who is likely to be Jha`s successor, the Congress leader said, "Tomar is not some new person. He has also held this post earlier, but BJP should give clarification as to why Jha was being removed."
Congress would win the next year`s Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, Digvijay asserted.
He also reiterated that Congress would be declaring its candidates well in advance, as in Uttar Pradesh, so that the candidates could have sufficient time for electioneering.
As to his own plans, Digivijay said he would contest the 2014 Lok Sabha elections from wherever the party asks him to.
Singh had decided to stay away from elections for 10 years after the Congress`s defeat in 2003 Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Captured: Witness 70 tiger sharks ripping apart a dead whale! - Watch video
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!