Digvijay expresses sympathy for Prabhat Jha
Indore: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Saturday expressed `sympathy` for Prabhat Jha, who has been denied a second term as Madhya Pradesh BJP president, and said BJP high command should clarify why Jha was being removed.
"Only three days ago, Jha was confident he would be elected again as state BJP president. In such circumstances, my sympathy is with him," Digvijay said here.
On Narendra Singh Tomar, who is likely to be Jha`s successor, the Congress leader said, "Tomar is not some new person. He has also held this post earlier, but BJP should give clarification as to why Jha was being removed."
Congress would win the next year`s Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, Digvijay asserted.
He also reiterated that Congress would be declaring its candidates well in advance, as in Uttar Pradesh, so that the candidates could have sufficient time for electioneering.
As to his own plans, Digivijay said he would contest the 2014 Lok Sabha elections from wherever the party asks him to.
Singh had decided to stay away from elections for 10 years after the Congress`s defeat in 2003 Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway