Digvijay expresses sympathy for Prabhat Jha
Indore: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Saturday expressed `sympathy` for Prabhat Jha, who has been denied a second term as Madhya Pradesh BJP president, and said BJP high command should clarify why Jha was being removed.
"Only three days ago, Jha was confident he would be elected again as state BJP president. In such circumstances, my sympathy is with him," Digvijay said here.
On Narendra Singh Tomar, who is likely to be Jha`s successor, the Congress leader said, "Tomar is not some new person. He has also held this post earlier, but BJP should give clarification as to why Jha was being removed."
Congress would win the next year`s Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh, Digvijay asserted.
He also reiterated that Congress would be declaring its candidates well in advance, as in Uttar Pradesh, so that the candidates could have sufficient time for electioneering.
As to his own plans, Digivijay said he would contest the 2014 Lok Sabha elections from wherever the party asks him to.
Singh had decided to stay away from elections for 10 years after the Congress`s defeat in 2003 Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu