Digvijay quells hype over next Congress CM in MP
Guna: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday sought to downplay the hype over the party`s next Chief Minister in Madhya Pradesh and said the new MLAs will elect their leader after the assembly polls in November.
He was reacting to queries from mediamen on Union Minister Kamal Nath`s statement that the state would see a "young" Congress Chief Minister.
"It is his (Kamal Nath`s) personal opinion. As far as the Congress Chief Minister for Madhya Pradesh was concerned, only statements from Rahul Gandhi, senior leaders Janardan Dwivedi and Ajay Maken should be considered as authentic," Digvijay told reporters here last evening.
He said that as per party policies, the newly elected legislators will pick up the CM.
In a function held here recently, Kamal Nath had set tongues wagging in his faction-ridden party, when he said in the presence of Union Minister of State for Energy, Jyotiraditya Scindia, that Congress will give a young Chief Minister after the assembly elections, without taking his name.
Scindia figures on the top among young turks who are in the race for Chief ministership in the state as he is said to enjoy a huge popularity base among party workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read