Digvijay questions MP govt claims on farmer compensation
Rajgarh: Claims by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan that hail-frost affected farmers were compensated are just the opposite from what facts conveyed, Digvijay Singh alleged here on Friday.
"If the government has a strong will, then no power on earth can prevent it from compensating farmers," he said while addressing a protest meeting against delay in distribution of relief to hail-frost affected farmers.
Talking to reporters, the Congress general secretary alleged that though Chouhan makes lot of announcements, hardly a few of these gets implemented.
Digvijay also demanded immediate relief to farmers based on a proper survey of affected crops as well as claims from crop insurance scheme and added that the agitation would continue until farmers get their due.
He alleged that the MP government is being run by a powerful real estate development mafia elements, whose names figured in recent suspicious deaths of two mining inspectors, but no action was taken, because of Chouhan`s protection to the real estate developer.
After the protest meeting, Congressmen led by Singh went to the collectorate to submit a memorandum about these issues to the government through the district collector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?