Digvijay questions MP govt claims on farmer compensation
Rajgarh: Claims by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan that hail-frost affected farmers were compensated are just the opposite from what facts conveyed, Digvijay Singh alleged here on Friday.
"If the government has a strong will, then no power on earth can prevent it from compensating farmers," he said while addressing a protest meeting against delay in distribution of relief to hail-frost affected farmers.
Talking to reporters, the Congress general secretary alleged that though Chouhan makes lot of announcements, hardly a few of these gets implemented.
Digvijay also demanded immediate relief to farmers based on a proper survey of affected crops as well as claims from crop insurance scheme and added that the agitation would continue until farmers get their due.
He alleged that the MP government is being run by a powerful real estate development mafia elements, whose names figured in recent suspicious deaths of two mining inspectors, but no action was taken, because of Chouhan`s protection to the real estate developer.
After the protest meeting, Congressmen led by Singh went to the collectorate to submit a memorandum about these issues to the government through the district collector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you