Digvijay questions MP govt claims on farmer compensation
Rajgarh: Claims by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan that hail-frost affected farmers were compensated are just the opposite from what facts conveyed, Digvijay Singh alleged here on Friday.
"If the government has a strong will, then no power on earth can prevent it from compensating farmers," he said while addressing a protest meeting against delay in distribution of relief to hail-frost affected farmers.
Talking to reporters, the Congress general secretary alleged that though Chouhan makes lot of announcements, hardly a few of these gets implemented.
Digvijay also demanded immediate relief to farmers based on a proper survey of affected crops as well as claims from crop insurance scheme and added that the agitation would continue until farmers get their due.
He alleged that the MP government is being run by a powerful real estate development mafia elements, whose names figured in recent suspicious deaths of two mining inspectors, but no action was taken, because of Chouhan`s protection to the real estate developer.
After the protest meeting, Congressmen led by Singh went to the collectorate to submit a memorandum about these issues to the government through the district collector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog