Digvijay seeks probe by Centre into wheat purchase
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh has urged Union Minister for Food and Civil Supplies K V Thomas to set up a Central team to look into various allegations about wheat procurement by Madhya Pradesh government.
Singh said he had received complaints that wheat meant for the Public Distribution System (PDS) provided by the Centre was sold back to the state at the minimum support price by shopkeepers.
Singh urged Thomas to get samples of wheat from Madhya Pradesh and find out if it had come from the PDS.
The Congress leader in a two-page letter to Thomas on Friday also wanted to know who was responsible for the delay in supply of gunny bags for wheat storage to Madhya Pradesh.
Seeking a probe into the manner in which businessmen purchased wheat from the farmers, Singh alleged that the state government had purchased only 60 per cent of the wheat produced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!