Digvijay seeks probe by Centre into wheat purchase
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh has urged Union Minister for Food and Civil Supplies K V Thomas to set up a Central team to look into various allegations about wheat procurement by Madhya Pradesh government.
Singh said he had received complaints that wheat meant for the Public Distribution System (PDS) provided by the Centre was sold back to the state at the minimum support price by shopkeepers.
Singh urged Thomas to get samples of wheat from Madhya Pradesh and find out if it had come from the PDS.
The Congress leader in a two-page letter to Thomas on Friday also wanted to know who was responsible for the delay in supply of gunny bags for wheat storage to Madhya Pradesh.
Seeking a probe into the manner in which businessmen purchased wheat from the farmers, Singh alleged that the state government had purchased only 60 per cent of the wheat produced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened