Digvijay seeks probe by Centre into wheat purchase
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh has urged Union Minister for Food and Civil Supplies K V Thomas to set up a Central team to look into various allegations about wheat procurement by Madhya Pradesh government.
Singh said he had received complaints that wheat meant for the Public Distribution System (PDS) provided by the Centre was sold back to the state at the minimum support price by shopkeepers.
Singh urged Thomas to get samples of wheat from Madhya Pradesh and find out if it had come from the PDS.
The Congress leader in a two-page letter to Thomas on Friday also wanted to know who was responsible for the delay in supply of gunny bags for wheat storage to Madhya Pradesh.
Seeking a probe into the manner in which businessmen purchased wheat from the farmers, Singh alleged that the state government had purchased only 60 per cent of the wheat produced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users