Digvijay seeks probe by Centre into wheat purchase
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh has urged Union Minister for Food and Civil Supplies K V Thomas to set up a Central team to look into various allegations about wheat procurement by Madhya Pradesh government.
Singh said he had received complaints that wheat meant for the Public Distribution System (PDS) provided by the Centre was sold back to the state at the minimum support price by shopkeepers.
Singh urged Thomas to get samples of wheat from Madhya Pradesh and find out if it had come from the PDS.
The Congress leader in a two-page letter to Thomas on Friday also wanted to know who was responsible for the delay in supply of gunny bags for wheat storage to Madhya Pradesh.
Seeking a probe into the manner in which businessmen purchased wheat from the farmers, Singh alleged that the state government had purchased only 60 per cent of the wheat produced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46
- PNB Housing Finance readies Rs 2,500-crore IPO, heads to tier 2, 3 cities
- Guess which state has max urban net subscribers; Maha, Delhi tied in 2nd spot
- IOC in talks to buy GSPC's stake in Mundra LNG terminal
- UK vote to leave EU `adds to uncertainty` in global economy: G20