Digvijay seeks probe by Centre into wheat purchase
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh has urged Union Minister for Food and Civil Supplies K V Thomas to set up a Central team to look into various allegations about wheat procurement by Madhya Pradesh government.
Singh said he had received complaints that wheat meant for the Public Distribution System (PDS) provided by the Centre was sold back to the state at the minimum support price by shopkeepers.
Singh urged Thomas to get samples of wheat from Madhya Pradesh and find out if it had come from the PDS.
The Congress leader in a two-page letter to Thomas on Friday also wanted to know who was responsible for the delay in supply of gunny bags for wheat storage to Madhya Pradesh.
Seeking a probe into the manner in which businessmen purchased wheat from the farmers, Singh alleged that the state government had purchased only 60 per cent of the wheat produced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack