Digvijay Singh condemns Haryana `honour` killings
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Sunday condemned the brutal killing of a young couple in Gharnavati village in Haryana`s Rohtak district in name of honour.
"Can`t imagine this is happening in 2013. Such incidents are simply ridiculous" Digvijay said in a tweet.
In another tweet, the senior Congress leader said he underwent colonoscopy at ILBS hospital in New Delhi and got his annual medical check-up done.
Digvijay said following the check-up, "I was found to be fully fit to take on BJP and Sanghis with renewed vigour".
"Apologies to my detractors on social media who want me to go early," he said.
In the ghastly incident, a man and a woman studying in a Rohtak college were murdered on September 18 in a village in Haryana.
While Dharmender`s (23) body with its severed head was thrown outside his house in Kalanaur village in Rohtak district this evening, Nidhi (20) was cremated by her family in a hush-hush manner.
- Kerala Assembly Elections: BJP president Amit Shah cancels poll visit
- Deaths in rehabilitation home: Raje govt suspends erring officials
- IPL 9: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab – Probable playing XIs; players to watch out for
- WATCH: You ripper! Unplayable magic ball leaves master batsman VVS Laxman completely exposed!
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview