Digvijay Singh condemns Haryana `honour` killings
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Sunday condemned the brutal killing of a young couple in Gharnavati village in Haryana`s Rohtak district in name of honour.
"Can`t imagine this is happening in 2013. Such incidents are simply ridiculous" Digvijay said in a tweet.
In another tweet, the senior Congress leader said he underwent colonoscopy at ILBS hospital in New Delhi and got his annual medical check-up done.
Digvijay said following the check-up, "I was found to be fully fit to take on BJP and Sanghis with renewed vigour".
"Apologies to my detractors on social media who want me to go early," he said.
In the ghastly incident, a man and a woman studying in a Rohtak college were murdered on September 18 in a village in Haryana.
While Dharmender`s (23) body with its severed head was thrown outside his house in Kalanaur village in Rohtak district this evening, Nidhi (20) was cremated by her family in a hush-hush manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- As Virat Kohli and co prepare for WI tour, MS Dhoni enjoys bike ride in Ranchi rain
- Ramayana had another heroine besides SITA – Know more about her contributions
- Samajwadi Party 'goondaraj' in UP? Azam Khan slaps Project Engineer
- This gene puts you at increased kidney disease risk
- 7th Pay Commission: Here's why the latest bonanza won't amuse govt staffers much