Digvijay Singh condemns Haryana `honour` killings
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Sunday condemned the brutal killing of a young couple in Gharnavati village in Haryana`s Rohtak district in name of honour.
"Can`t imagine this is happening in 2013. Such incidents are simply ridiculous" Digvijay said in a tweet.
In another tweet, the senior Congress leader said he underwent colonoscopy at ILBS hospital in New Delhi and got his annual medical check-up done.
Digvijay said following the check-up, "I was found to be fully fit to take on BJP and Sanghis with renewed vigour".
"Apologies to my detractors on social media who want me to go early," he said.
In the ghastly incident, a man and a woman studying in a Rohtak college were murdered on September 18 in a village in Haryana.
While Dharmender`s (23) body with its severed head was thrown outside his house in Kalanaur village in Rohtak district this evening, Nidhi (20) was cremated by her family in a hush-hush manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter