Digvijay Singh gets court relief in land scam
Dewas: Congress leader Digvijay Singh today got a major relief from a Special Court which accepted a closure report submitted by police in over a decade-old land scam to which he was linked.
Economic Offences Wing (EOW) had filed a corruption case against Digvijay, Madhya Pradesh Assembly`s current Deputy Speaker and former Housing and Environment Minister Rajendra Kumar Singh and others for changing the land use.
EOW case was that housing plots were developed on a piece of land here reserved for industrial use between 2001-2003 when Digvijay was the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh.
The land in question belonged to New Precision Industry. The authorities concerned changed the land use pattern - from industrial to housing - with an intention to benefit real estate developers, it was alleged.
One Mahesh Chandra Garg filed a petition in the matter in a Dewas Court, which asked the EOW to look into the case.
EOW, in its probe, found that rules were flouted in changing the land use pattern and registered a case against the Congress General Secretary and others.
It was alleged Digvijay had given orders in this regard on a notesheet, but no such evidence was found during probe. Following this, a closure report was filed in the Special Court against him and the same was accepted by Judge Renuka Kanchan.
Meanwhile, Rajendra Singh, who appeared in the court, was granted bail in the case. EOW also filed a chargesheet against the senior Congress MLA today.
Charge sheet against 10 others named in the scam had been filed earlier.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm