Digvijay Singh gets court relief in land scam
Dewas: Congress leader Digvijay Singh today got a major relief from a Special Court which accepted a closure report submitted by police in over a decade-old land scam to which he was linked.
Economic Offences Wing (EOW) had filed a corruption case against Digvijay, Madhya Pradesh Assembly`s current Deputy Speaker and former Housing and Environment Minister Rajendra Kumar Singh and others for changing the land use.
EOW case was that housing plots were developed on a piece of land here reserved for industrial use between 2001-2003 when Digvijay was the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh.
The land in question belonged to New Precision Industry. The authorities concerned changed the land use pattern - from industrial to housing - with an intention to benefit real estate developers, it was alleged.
One Mahesh Chandra Garg filed a petition in the matter in a Dewas Court, which asked the EOW to look into the case.
EOW, in its probe, found that rules were flouted in changing the land use pattern and registered a case against the Congress General Secretary and others.
It was alleged Digvijay had given orders in this regard on a notesheet, but no such evidence was found during probe. Following this, a closure report was filed in the Special Court against him and the same was accepted by Judge Renuka Kanchan.
Meanwhile, Rajendra Singh, who appeared in the court, was granted bail in the case. EOW also filed a chargesheet against the senior Congress MLA today.
Charge sheet against 10 others named in the scam had been filed earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi