Digvijay Singh slaps legal notice on BJP MP chief
New Delhi: Congress general secretary
Digvijay Singh on thursday issued a legal notice to Madhya Pradesh
BJP chief Prabhat Jha for reportedly dubbing him as an "agent"
"I have asked Jha to tender apology for dubbing me an
agent of naxalites or face defamation," Singh, a former Madhya
Pradesh chief minister, told reporters here.
Jha had alleged at a conference of BJP workers in
Madhya Pradesh that Singh has always been in favour of
Naxalites and anti-social elements and is a "well wisher" of
Digvijay Singh had earlier courted controversy for his
remarks against Home Minister P Chidambaram`s approach to
tackle the Maoist problem, cautioning that it should not be
treated as a mere law and order problem.
Singh`s line had come under constant attack from the
BJP, which has been maintaining that the Congress leader`s
approach showed that the ruling party was divided on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report