Digvijay Singh takes on Anil Ambani
Indore: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday termed as "shameful" industrialist Anil Ambani`s comparison of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to his late father Dhirubhai Ambani.
Addressing a youth Congress function, Singh said he read in newspapers today that Anil reportedly compared Chouhan to his father.
"For me, such a statement is nothing but shameful," he said, adding there was no way Chouhan could be compared to Dhirubhai, who started out as a petrol-pump attendant and went on to become the country`s biggest industrialist.
The ADAG chairman made the statement only because he wanted to exploit the natural resources of Madhya Pradesh for his business interests, Singh alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!