Digvijay Singh takes up cudgels on behalf of Bhind farmers
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay
Singh on Wednesday urged the Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj
Singh Chouhan, to ensure that farmers in Bhind district get
chemical fertilisers and also provide them with benefits of
loan waiver scheme.
In a letter to Chouhan, copies of which were released to
the press here, Singh said during campaigning for the Gohad
assembly seat bypoll in Bhind district, he came to know that
farmers were not getting chemical fertilisers and were forced
to buy the same from the black market.
He urged Chouhan to make available chemical fertilisers
immediately in the district.
In a separate letter to Chouhan, he also raised the issue
of loan waiver scheme and said that in Bhind district, the
cooperative bank has failed to provide the benefits of the
scheme to the farmers while in other parts of the state, they
have been given to them.
He urged Chouhan to intervene in the issue and ensure
that farmers get the benefit of the loan waiver scheme before
October 31 failing which they would be forced to launch an
agitation on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam