Digvijay Singh takes up cudgels on behalf of Bhind farmers
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay
Singh on Wednesday urged the Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj
Singh Chouhan, to ensure that farmers in Bhind district get
chemical fertilisers and also provide them with benefits of
loan waiver scheme.
In a letter to Chouhan, copies of which were released to
the press here, Singh said during campaigning for the Gohad
assembly seat bypoll in Bhind district, he came to know that
farmers were not getting chemical fertilisers and were forced
to buy the same from the black market.
He urged Chouhan to make available chemical fertilisers
immediately in the district.
In a separate letter to Chouhan, he also raised the issue
of loan waiver scheme and said that in Bhind district, the
cooperative bank has failed to provide the benefits of the
scheme to the farmers while in other parts of the state, they
have been given to them.
He urged Chouhan to intervene in the issue and ensure
that farmers get the benefit of the loan waiver scheme before
October 31 failing which they would be forced to launch an
agitation on the issue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata