Digvijay Singh to stage week-long hunger strike in Guna
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Saturday said he will stage a seven-day hunger strike in Guna district headquarters from July 7, protesting against the state government for not providing relief to natural-calamity hit farmers.
In a statement, Singh said that he had submitted a letter to the Guna district collector on June 19, highlighting that hail and flood affected farmers were not getting relief and they also did not get soyabean seeds and fertilisers.
He also demanded payment for crop insurance scheme, prevention of black marketing of fertilisers and also raised other related
issues and warned that if all these demands were not met, he will stage a hunger strike.
Meanwhile, Guna district collector Sandeep Yadav told PTI that as per the survey, relief (funds) has been given to all affected
farmers in the district.
The Congress General Secretary also appealed to the farmers across the state that if they are affected with the issues, they should stage protest near highway of their respective villages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...