Digvijay Singh`s brother Laxman returns to Congress
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh`s younger brother Laxman Singh has re-joined the party.
Congress general secretary in-charge of Madhya Pradesh BK Hariprasad informed about the decision to state party unit president Kantilal Bhuria yesterday, an official release said Monday.
Bhuria congratulated Laxman Singh and said the party will further strengthen with his return.
Laxman had left Congress in 2004 and after joining BJP he fought the 2004 Lok Sabha election successfully on its ticket from Rajgarh.
However, he failed to retain the seat in 2009 elections and since then he was trying to return to the Congress.
Sources said few days back a meeting of party workers was organised at Digvijay Singh`s residence in which it was decided to give party ticket to Laxman`s son Aditya Singh for Raghogarh municipality election and since then there were speculations about Laxman rejoining the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?