Digvijay Singh`s brother Laxman returns to Congress
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh`s younger brother Laxman Singh has re-joined the party.
Congress general secretary in-charge of Madhya Pradesh BK Hariprasad informed about the decision to state party unit president Kantilal Bhuria yesterday, an official release said Monday.
Bhuria congratulated Laxman Singh and said the party will further strengthen with his return.
Laxman had left Congress in 2004 and after joining BJP he fought the 2004 Lok Sabha election successfully on its ticket from Rajgarh.
However, he failed to retain the seat in 2009 elections and since then he was trying to return to the Congress.
Sources said few days back a meeting of party workers was organised at Digvijay Singh`s residence in which it was decided to give party ticket to Laxman`s son Aditya Singh for Raghogarh municipality election and since then there were speculations about Laxman rejoining the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends