Digvijay Singh`s brother Laxman returns to Congress
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh`s younger brother Laxman Singh has re-joined the party.
Congress general secretary in-charge of Madhya Pradesh BK Hariprasad informed about the decision to state party unit president Kantilal Bhuria yesterday, an official release said Monday.
Bhuria congratulated Laxman Singh and said the party will further strengthen with his return.
Laxman had left Congress in 2004 and after joining BJP he fought the 2004 Lok Sabha election successfully on its ticket from Rajgarh.
However, he failed to retain the seat in 2009 elections and since then he was trying to return to the Congress.
Sources said few days back a meeting of party workers was organised at Digvijay Singh`s residence in which it was decided to give party ticket to Laxman`s son Aditya Singh for Raghogarh municipality election and since then there were speculations about Laxman rejoining the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!