Digvijay Singh`s brother Laxman returns to Congress
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh`s younger brother Laxman Singh has re-joined the party.
Congress general secretary in-charge of Madhya Pradesh BK Hariprasad informed about the decision to state party unit president Kantilal Bhuria yesterday, an official release said Monday.
Bhuria congratulated Laxman Singh and said the party will further strengthen with his return.
Laxman had left Congress in 2004 and after joining BJP he fought the 2004 Lok Sabha election successfully on its ticket from Rajgarh.
However, he failed to retain the seat in 2009 elections and since then he was trying to return to the Congress.
Sources said few days back a meeting of party workers was organised at Digvijay Singh`s residence in which it was decided to give party ticket to Laxman`s son Aditya Singh for Raghogarh municipality election and since then there were speculations about Laxman rejoining the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire