Digvijay slams BJP Government in MP over corruption
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Friday dubbed the BJP Government in Madhya Pradesh as highly "corrupt" which needs to be thrown out of power in the next year`s Assembly election.
"I have not seen such a corrupt government anywhere in my long political career. It deserves to be thrown out of power in the 2013 Assembly elections," he said.
The former Chief Minister was addressing a rally organised by the State unit of Youth Congress to highlight "failures" of the Shivraj Singh Chouhan Government.
Singh said he was Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister for 10 years, but so far the BJP had been unable to prove a single corruption charge against him.
The senior leader strongly objected to annulment of the membership of two Congress MLAs, Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi and Kalpana Parulekar.
"The Congress will fight against the termination of the membership of the two MLAs at every forum - the courts, the Assembly and the people."
Next month, the Congress would organise rallies at Mahidpur and Bhind, the Assembly segments represented by Parulekar and Chaturvedi, respectively, he said.
The membership of the two Opposition MLAs were terminated on July 18 for creating ruckus in the House.
"Senior Congress leaders, including Union Ministers, must attend these rallies to give a strong message that all Congressmen are united on the cause of dislodging this corrupt BJP Government from power," Singh said.
The Congress was only demanding a discussion on the issue of corruption. Instead of accepting the demand, the membership of two MLAs was annulled, he said.
"When I was Chief Minister I never shied away from discussing any issue. Since (Chief Minister) Chouhan is running away from a discussion, this shows his Government is guilty of corruption," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!