Digvijay slams Chouhan for claim on farmers` suicides
Bhopal: A senior Congress leader today
rubbished Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh
Chouhan`s claim that over 9,000 farmers had committed suicide
from 1993 to 2003 when Congress was ruling the state.
"I don`t agree with the figures furnished by you on the
issue," former chief minister Digvijay Singh said in a letter
to Chouhan and asked him to provide details of the deceased.
If that was the case then why did the BJP not raise the
issue then, he asked.
"In order to hide your government`s incompetence you are
levelling such allegations against the previous government,
but you cannot escape from your responsibilities like this,"
His comments came against the backdrop of Chouhan telling
the state Assembly that during the Congress regime from
1993-2003, 9471 farmers had committed suicide in the state.
The opposition Congress had moved an adjournment motion in
the House to discuss the issue of farmers` suicide due to
frost and mounting debts.
Singh hoped that Chouhan will soon provide him details
about these farmers and stop misleading public on the issue
without having proven facts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi participates in SCO annual meet in Tashkent
- Pink auto introduced in Ghaziabad specifically for women
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- India's NSG membership to be discussed at special session in Seoul tonight
- Check manabadi.com for BIE Telangana/TS Board Intermediate 1st Year / 2nd Year Examination Results 2016, Telangana BIE Class 12 Supplementary Results 2016
- 34 PhD holders and 12,000 engineers apply for 4th grade job in MP
- Airlines are not 'demons': Civil Aviation Minister
- Not in the best of form, Roger Federer reaches crossroads at Wimbledon