Digvijay slams MP govt over 8-yr-old`s body found in Bhopal
Bhopal: Slamming the BJP government for deteriorating law and order situation in Madhya Pradesh, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh today said it was "disgusting" that the body of an 8-year-old girl was found near the residence of state Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta.
"It is disgusting that the body of an 8-year-old girl was found near Mr Gupta`s residence," Singh said in a statement issued here today.
The mutilated body of an eight-year-old girl was recovered from the busy T T Nagar area, located close to Gupta`s residence, here yesterday.
The girl had gone missing on Sunday evening after she went to the Bhopal Utsav Mela, following which her parents lodged a missing person`s report with the local police.
The body was found near debris of dismantled houses in the north T T Nagar area.
Digvijay said the incident was an example of the manner in which the law and order situation in the state had collapsed.
The ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh has always been making tall claims about controlling the law and order situation in the state, he alleged.
"This incident alone shows the hollowness of the claims made by the BJP," Singh said.
Singh also expressed concern over the fact that the culprit was not arrested so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar