Digvijay tries to bring unity in MP Cong ahead of civic polls
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary
Digvijay Singh on Wednesday said he was trying his best to bring
about a rapprochement between various factions in the party
ahead of next month`s civic elections in Madhya Pradesh.
"I have been working for this rapprochement ever since
I came here on Monday morning," Singh said.
The former Chief Minister said he was to be in New
Delhi today, but stayed back here to help bring about unity in
the party for the civic elections.
Asked if his attempts had met with success, Singh said
right now he was fighting in the dark and added that the
results would be known when the list of candidates for the
elections is finally announced.
Tomorrow was the last date for filing nominations
although the symbol allotment can be done till November 30.
Singh said all the problems regarding the civic polls
in the Gwalior and Morena divisions have been sorted out but
he was still holding discussions with his party colleague and
Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia for any pending issue.
Meanwhile, Madhya Pradesh Congress President Suresh
Pachouri today called on Singh at his residence here and the
two are believed to have discussed the party`s strategy for
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state