Digvijay urges Chouhan to resolve Katni land acquisition issue
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh has urged Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to resolve the land acquisition issue relating to a power plant proposed to be set up by a private company in Katni district.
The Congress leader, in a letter to Chouhan, said that the land, which Welspun Company was acquiring for its power plant in Dokaria and Bujbuja villages, was cultivable.
"The land, which the company is acquiring, is cultivable and gives three crops a year," Singh said.
He suggested that it would be appropriate to build a power plant on thousand acres of infertile land, which he said, was lying unused about four kilometres away from these two villages.
Singh urged the Chief Minister to come forward to resolve the land acquisition and compensation issue with the villagers if it was absolutely necessary for the project to be set up at these villages.
Meanwhile, Singh is scheduled to hold a number of meetings here today to garner support for his nephew, Aditya Vikram Singh, who is contesting the Nagar Palika polls for the the post of chairman in Raghogarh town. Digvijay Singh`s son Jaiwardhan is also accompanying him. The election will be held on January 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India