Digvijay urges Chouhan to resolve Katni land acquisition issue
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh has urged Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to resolve the land acquisition issue relating to a power plant proposed to be set up by a private company in Katni district.
The Congress leader, in a letter to Chouhan, said that the land, which Welspun Company was acquiring for its power plant in Dokaria and Bujbuja villages, was cultivable.
"The land, which the company is acquiring, is cultivable and gives three crops a year," Singh said.
He suggested that it would be appropriate to build a power plant on thousand acres of infertile land, which he said, was lying unused about four kilometres away from these two villages.
Singh urged the Chief Minister to come forward to resolve the land acquisition and compensation issue with the villagers if it was absolutely necessary for the project to be set up at these villages.
Meanwhile, Singh is scheduled to hold a number of meetings here today to garner support for his nephew, Aditya Vikram Singh, who is contesting the Nagar Palika polls for the the post of chairman in Raghogarh town. Digvijay Singh`s son Jaiwardhan is also accompanying him. The election will be held on January 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation