Digvijay urges Chouhan to resolve Katni land acquisition issue
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh has urged Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to resolve the land acquisition issue relating to a power plant proposed to be set up by a private company in Katni district.
The Congress leader, in a letter to Chouhan, said that the land, which Welspun Company was acquiring for its power plant in Dokaria and Bujbuja villages, was cultivable.
"The land, which the company is acquiring, is cultivable and gives three crops a year," Singh said.
He suggested that it would be appropriate to build a power plant on thousand acres of infertile land, which he said, was lying unused about four kilometres away from these two villages.
Singh urged the Chief Minister to come forward to resolve the land acquisition and compensation issue with the villagers if it was absolutely necessary for the project to be set up at these villages.
Meanwhile, Singh is scheduled to hold a number of meetings here today to garner support for his nephew, Aditya Vikram Singh, who is contesting the Nagar Palika polls for the the post of chairman in Raghogarh town. Digvijay Singh`s son Jaiwardhan is also accompanying him. The election will be held on January 8.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes