Digvijay urges Chouhan to resolve Katni land acquisition issue
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh has urged Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to resolve the land acquisition issue relating to a power plant proposed to be set up by a private company in Katni district.
The Congress leader, in a letter to Chouhan, said that the land, which Welspun Company was acquiring for its power plant in Dokaria and Bujbuja villages, was cultivable.
"The land, which the company is acquiring, is cultivable and gives three crops a year," Singh said.
He suggested that it would be appropriate to build a power plant on thousand acres of infertile land, which he said, was lying unused about four kilometres away from these two villages.
Singh urged the Chief Minister to come forward to resolve the land acquisition and compensation issue with the villagers if it was absolutely necessary for the project to be set up at these villages.
Meanwhile, Singh is scheduled to hold a number of meetings here today to garner support for his nephew, Aditya Vikram Singh, who is contesting the Nagar Palika polls for the the post of chairman in Raghogarh town. Digvijay Singh`s son Jaiwardhan is also accompanying him. The election will be held on January 8.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India